The Diplomat-Bucharest, under the High Patronage of Ministry of European Funds, together with Strategic Partner PMI Romania organize Project Management and European Funds Conference on February 5th, 2016, at InterContinental Hote l Bucharest.
The architecture of the current Programming Period 2014-2020 holds lots of opportunities to fund innovative ideas and projects and direct grants. It also continues to offer a wide range of funding opportunities to Member States, with more than 50 billion Euro distributed by the European Commission each year, through funding programmes for education, research, environment, transport, culture and business development. However, funding is often not used as effectively as possible and it can be denied due to the lack of knowledge or inadequate planning. This is where the project management comes up. The development and implementation of projects in practice follow common rules, no matter the industry or field. The project manager is the designer of these clear and common rules.
The Diplomat-Bucharest plans to reveal the main constraints and push-backs, besides also the success stories in achieving the grants goals for Romania, dedicating a conference to Project Management and how it dramatically influences the EU funding’s success or failure.
Minister of European Funds
Member of the European
Vice-President on Foreign
Affairs of the S&D Group
|Teodor Darabaneanu, President PMI Romania Chapter
Public Manager, Member within the Executive Board of
the Public Managers’ Trade Union
|Octavian Ciprian Alic
Director for the Division of European Funds and International Relations, Transgaz
Head of EU Office Department, BCR
Senior Manager, Advisory Department, Ernst&Young
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:20 Official Opening Address from Aura Raducu, Minister of European Funds
9:20 – 12:00 Plenary session
Sofia Ionescu, Senior Manager, Advisory Department, Ernst&Young
• The importance of project management, project basics, roles and stages The functioning of project management, what does it involve, which are the common rules and stages
• The ingredients of successful performers in accessing the EU funds: challenges and opportunities of PM
• Project Managers and Public managers: availability, significance, necessity
• Talent search, availability and retention of human resources, the status of training programs in PM
• The Project Cycle Management (PCM) required by The European Commission. What is, how does it work, how is it applied in EU-funded projects?
• The current architecture of European funded projects: status, investment opportunities, updates
• Communication and collaboration between the public and private sectors
• Building the practical administrative capacity with the use of project management in dealing with EU funds.
• Supervision, monitoring and control of working with the EU funds
12:30 Networking lunch
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• Get insights directly from qualified leads: practitioners sharing best practices that improve the EU funding process
• Access updated information directly from the involved parties
• Gaining more certainty in implementing a project management for accessing EU funds
• Strenghten the project management skills and knowledge
• Exchange experiences with professionals similar to you and find their success stories
• Quality networking - Meet and interact with thought leaders in your fields and build new relationships
• Participate in specialized, highly engaging, interactive workshops
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
• Managers, Heads of departments of project management, controllers
• Governmental authorities and ministerial staff
• Private, public and NGOs beneficiaries of EU funds
• EU funds consultants and facilitators
• Legal and legislative bodies representatives
• Business & Financial analysts and bank representatives
• EU Funding bodies representatives in Romania
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN BY ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE ?
• What is the role of project management cycle
• How to manage, implement and evaluate the projects according to EU regulations
• How to correctly apply the project management phases and which are the key activities of each stage
• How to define your indicators for the Eu funding project
• Avoiding the financial penalties in running a EU funded project